I had a lovely day yesterday.
Doing absolutely nothing! I was just infront of the television, watching whatever's showing! It's so relaxing! Wish I could do that more often! Hahaha...
By the way, I'm taking this opportunity to congratulate Negeri Sembilan Football team for winning the Piala Malaysia. Hubby and me watched the game, towards the end because, of course my Konsert Akademi Fantasia comes first! Hahaha...
Last Friday, soon as I've finished reading Watie's entry about her Murtabak Mee Segera, I just can't wait to give it a try. It's just like how Watie had said...SEDAP! I've made a slight adjustment to her recipe for my own convenience. Served it to Syahmi's tuition teacher when she came. Out of two packets of noodles, I managed to get 5 pieces of this murtabak. Syahmi ate 2 at one go, and this is what he has to say.....
"Wah ma... lazatnya. Frankly speaking, this is so delicious!"
So thanks Watie for the wonderful and simple recipe. It's indeed a keeper. For those who's wondering how lovely this recipe is, you'll just have to give it a try yourself. And this is my version....
MURTABAK MI SEGERA
Posted by : MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Watie
1 packet instant noodle (curry flavour)
1 packet curry flavour (in the packet)
1 piece beef burger ~ diced
1 onion ~ diced
1/2 red capsicum ~ diced
1/2 yellow capsicum ~ diced
1 tablespoon butter
1. Boil water and add in the noodle. Cook till noodles are soft. Put through a sieve. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl, break the eggs. Add in curry flavour and half of the diced onion. Keep aside.
3. In a pot over medium heat, add in butter. Once melted, add in the other half of the diced onion. Saute till translucent. Add in beef burger, red and yellow capsicum. Fry till beef burger is cooked through.
4. Add the burger into the eggs mixture. Add in the soft noodles and mix well.
5. Heat a bit of oil in a small non stick pan. Spoon the noodles onto the pan dan leave to cook. Flip it over so that both sides are well cooked.
6. Serve with tomato or chillie sauce.
This is the non stick pan that I had used to prepare this murtabak.
To my best friend, HAJJAH HASLINDA HJ NOAH and hubby HAJI FARIZ JAAFAR, happy 17th anniversary to both of you. May there be many more happy years of togetherness. May Allah bless you both....insyaAllah...