When Syahmi left with Iddin yesterday morning, and hubby as usual, as early as after Fajr prayers, I thought of lazying around, again! But then, I said to myself, enough is enough... mustn't be a lazy bum or I'll be tired the whole day. That explains the two entries on my blog, in one day!!! It's just out of the norm, for me that is! So, enjoy while it last! Hahaha......Then in the evening, I did some ironing. Oh how good it felt after a long time not doing it. I miss my iron and my ironing board! Did quite a bit and will continue ironing this evening too...
For my lunch yesterday, I tried this Potato Gnocchi recipe from Auntie Umi's Fotopage. Saw this recipe a long time ago, while I was still in Malawi. And only yesterday I managed to try it out. A bit tedious but worth taking the challenge as the taste is lovely if you're into Italian food. Thank you auntie for sharing this recipe with all of us...
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH BOLOGNAISE SAUCE
Source : Auntie Umi
Ingredients for Gnocchi :
1 kg potatoes
30 g butter
2 cups plain flour
2 eggs beaten
Parmesan cheese - grated
1. Peel potatoes and diced. Boil in a covered pot till tender. Drain and mash until smooth.
2. Stir in butter, eggs and flour. Set aside to cool.
3. Turn the cooled dough onto floured surface and divide into two portions.
4. Roll the dough into along sausage shape. Cut to 1/2 inch size dough.
5. Press with the back of a fork to give it the traditional gnocchi pattern.
6. Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add gnocchi and cook till the pieces rise to the surface.
7. Using slotted spoon, drain the gnocchi. Place in the serving bowls.
8. Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy.
My Bolognaise Sauce
4 garlics ~ chopped
1 onion ~ diced
4 pieces beef burger ~ thawed and crumbled
2 large tomatoes ~ diced
Kimball Spagetti Sauce
Dried sweet basil
Red, yellow and green capsicum ~ diced
1. Heat olive oil in a pot. Add chopped garlic and fry till golden brown.
2. Add in diced onion and still till translucent.
3. Add in beef burger and stir till half cooked.
4. Add in diced tomatoes. Stir and put on the pot's lid. Leave to cook.
5. Add in the Kimball Spagetti Sauce, salt, sugar, sweet basil and capsicums.
6. Let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes, covered.
7. Remove from heat and ready to serve with gnocchi.
For Auntie Umi's sauce recipe, please click here
Maz dropped by my place with these....
Thank you Maz for the lovely Tepung Bungkus. For the recipe, plese check Maz's Blog Ilhamdapur.