Yesterday and again today, I am left all alone in the house. Hubby went golfing and Syahmi went for a two days ESQ course together with his buddies Iddin and Hareez. I spent most of yesterday's morning in front of the television. It's either me watching TV or the other way round. Too much relax tends to make me lazy but I guess I deserve it huh? In the evening, I had doubts, whether to mop the house or leave it for today. Thank God I made the right decision to do the mopping yesterday because this morning, the lazy bug bit me again! Will that be for long? Lets just wait and see...
Despite feeling lazy yesterday, I managed to do 2 experiments in the kitchen. And it paid off! Both turned out to be lovely and that made my day! So for today, let me just post one of it. Thank you to Kak Fida of MyResipi for this lovely recipe of Bahulu Batik Mekar Kukus. And I am extra happy because all my bahulu 'bloomed' nicely! Allow me to post the recipe according to how I had done it.
BAHULU BATIK MEKAR KUKUS
Source : Kak Fida
Ingredients (yields 12 - 14 pieces) :
1 teaspoon baking powder
115g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon (heap)ovallete
4 1/2 tablespoons fresh milk
1 egg (large)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon chocolate paste/emulco
1. Sift flour and baking powder into the mixer bowl.
2. Add in caster sugar, ovallete, fresh milk, egg and vanilla essence.
3. Whip at high speed till mixture thickens.
4. Divide the mixture into two equal portions. Add chocolate paste into one portion and leave the other plain.
5. Spoon the plain and chocolate mixture alternately into the prepared papercups till 3/4 full.
6. Steam at high temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.