Had enough of lassi are you? Okay, now let me serve you with what we had for lunch. Just a simple menu but enough to make the household happy with full tummies! Alhamdulillah......
Since mama got nothing much to say today, let me just update you with one of the experiments tested in the comfort of my kitchen. In fact, it's fresh from the oven because I just took it out about 2 hours ago. I was chatting with Kacip and she had recommended this recipe to me. Since her feedback about this cake is superb, I just had to give it a try. And wallah...it's worth the effort... For those who can't resist, here's the recipe for you to try (with a slight alteration that is).... Thanks to Kacip and Shiela Mambo for sharing this lovely recipe with all of us....
Photo courtesy of Syahmi
RICH MARBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE SHEILA MAMBO
125g dark chocolate - diced and melted
125g castor sugar
2 eggs - slightly beaten
155g self raising flour
80 ml fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Cream butter and sugar till light.
2. Pour in the eggs, a little at a time. Add in vanilla essence. Continue beating.
3. Add in flour alternately with fresh milk, starting and ending with flour.
4. Divide the mixture into 2. Add one portion with the melted chocolate and leave the other one plain.
5. Grese well, a small baking tin. Spoon 2 tablespoons of plain mixture onto the middle of the baking tin. Top it with 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture. Continue the proses until all the mixture is used up.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 45 minutes or till done.