Just when I thought I could just sit back and relax, something came up.. something pleasant that I just could not resist. So I'll be busy again today and will just omit the ramblings. Sometimes, less talk is better! Hahaha...
Anyway, here are the cupcakes that I made yesterday for Jid. She's such a darling. Always willing to let me do as I please... jangan sampai mama naik lemak dah ler Jid. She had asked for 3 boxes of simple designs to give her ex-neighbours. When she mentioned that one of them is a Chinese family, I had asked
And yesterday as well, I was given an 'assignment' by Mak Lang Azie to try out a Pau recipe. PAU LAGIIIII... Yeah, I don't mind trying as many pau recipes as possible because hubby and me loves to eat pau! Hahaha... But this recipe is definately a keeper. Thank you so much Mak Lang for continuously giving us wonderful recipes. May Allah bless you and your family... Allow me to share it with all of you.... with Mak Lang's consent of course....
Source : Ani Ahmad
Ingredients A :
450g Hongkong Flour (I used pau flour, are they the same? I dunno!!)
1 tablespoon condensed milk
5 teaspoons instant dried yeast
230ml water (I used lukewarm water. I used more than the amount stated here)
Method : (using bread maker)
1. Pour water and condensed milk into the BM pan.
2. Add flour and yeast. Set the BM to Dough function. You don't have to wait for it to finish it's cycle.
3. When the dough is smooth and soft, rest the dough for 30 minutes.
Ingredients B :
300g Hongkong flour (I used pau flour)
180g castor sugar
2 tablespoons double action baking powder
1 teaspoon bread softener
100 ml lukewarm water (you may need more)
Method : (Using bread maker)
1. Pour water into the BM pan. Add in sugar.
2. Add in flour, double action baking powder and bread softener.
3. Set the BM to Dough setting. When the dough is slightly incorporated, add in Dough A and shortening.
4. Leave the BM to do it's job.
5. When the dough is double the size, take it out of the pan and cut to 25g dough each. Make into small balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Flatten the dough and place some filling in the middle and cover the filling.
7. Place the dough with the filling on a small greaseproof paper or better still, banana leaf, and arrange it on the steamer. Let the dough prove once again.
8. Steam on high heat for 5 to 7 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE LID OF THE STEAMER BEFORE 10 MINUTES AFTER STEAMING.