Mmmmm....nothing actually pops in my head till now, so I think, there'll be no blaberring from me today. We'll go straight to the recipe that I've tried yesterday. Found this recipe while blog hopping and fell in love with it the moment I set eyes on the bread photo. Me and breads...hahaha... I just can't resist. Thank you so much Ayin for this lovely bread recipe that you've posted in your blog MANIS MANIS . Allow me to re-post the recipe here so that many others can try out this lovely recipe.
Source : Ayin Yin
*195 g high protein flour
* 90 g low protein flour (* I just used 285g multipurpose flour)
12 g milk powder
6 g instant dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon bread improver
65 g fresh milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
30 g caster sugar
60 g egg
75g water roux
45 g butter
Custard recipe :
3/4 cup fresh milk
2 tablespoons custard powder
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
CREAM CUSTARD - Mix well fresh milk, custard powder and sugar using a whisk. Place on low heat and continue stirring till the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add in butter and vanilla essence. Continue whisking till well mixed. Leave to cool and pour into a piping bag. Set aside.
BUNS : (Breadmaker method)
1. Pour fresh milk into the breadmaker pan. Add in salt, sugar, egg and water roux.
2. Top it with sifted flour, milk powder, dry yeast and bread improver.
3. Set the Breadmaker to Dough function.
4. Once the dough is just combined, add in butter and leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
5. Remove dough from BM and punch down to release the air. Cut the dough 60g portion each. Make into round balls and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Flatten the balls and spoon the filling in the middle. Cover the filling with dough and arrange in a well greased baking tin.
7. Leave to proof till double the size.
8. Pipe the cream custard on top. Sprinkle with a bit of water.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and brush with a bit of butter to give it a shiny look.
Have a good week everyone!