Time really flies. Without me realising it, I have been blogging for 2 years now. Yesterday was the exact date but I was pretty occupied to post an entry. Anyway, Happy Belated 2nd birthday to my Blogspot.... and thanks to all my visitors, whether you're the silent ones or the 'chatterbox' ones... I appreciate and honour each and every one of you.... thank you for your continuous support. It makes me feel that I am contributing something...no matter how tiny it is.... alhamdulillah.....
At the moment, hubby had imposed a new rule on me. I have to log off by 10.30pm and go to bed! Thanks to my culprit BP that's been showing odd readings lately! Before this, I had made that '10.30pm bedtime' rule for Syahmi, but now, I have to follow the same rules and regulations! Hahaha... maybe the idiom...What goes around comes around...is true after all... hahahaha... serves me right!
Let me just post the entry before my curfew time is up! I've tried two recipes today, for lunch but will only post one first for the time being. Thanks to Kak Liza for promoting her Nasi Bukhari the previous day. But I didn't follow her method. Instead I used Kak Noha's simple method of cooking other than plain rice. I love Kak Noha's way as it leaves very little crust. Thanks to Kak Liza for promoting and thanks to Kak Noha for the lovely method.
2 cups Basmathi rice ~ washed
Salt to taste
Topside beef ~ sliced thinly and boil till soft
3 shallots ~ sliced
2 garlic ~ sliced
1/2 inch ginger ~ sliced thinly
1 big fresh tomato ~ puréed
2 tablespoons Bukhari powder (I used Faiza)
1 tablespoon butter
1. Prepare the rice like how you prepare your plain rice.
2. In a wok, heat cooking oil and add in the butter. When the butter melts, add in all the sliced shallots, garlic and ginger. Sauté until fragrant.
3. Add Bukhari Powder and tomato puree, sauté until it turns oily
4. Add in the water or beef broth. Bring to boil and salt to taste.
5. Pour into the rice when the water starts to bubble.
6. Stir and add in the beef. Let it cook.
7. Serve with pickles and salad.