Okay, here's the continuation of yesterday's bread story....
Once upon a time, there was a lady, named MamaFaMi who has a lot of house chores to do, but will always steal time to be infront of her laptop to visit her cyber friends' blogs. And that explains why her house is always in the state of tongkang pecah! Luckily the family doesn't have to suffer from hunger due to her excessive diverted attention from her responsibilities. Hahaha.... ...hok aloh, teruk sangat pulak bunyiknya ye... hihii...
One day, she came across Mamasya's Fotopage . She fell in love with the Egg in Toast, and especially because of the colorful bread. Mamasya is a Malaysian staying in Brunei. How on earth is MamaFami who is now staying in Malaysia, going to get hold of the colorful bread? Then she remembered a bread book that she had bought ages ago and flipped through the pages. She came across the sandwich loaf recipe and without further ado, decided to try out the recipe and at the same time, tried to bake a colorful bread. And walla...she did it... With that bread, on the same day, she made her Egg in Toast. She shared the toast with her dearest husband and they live happily every after......... the end....
EGG IN TOAST (or as some may call Egg in the Basket)
Source : Mummy Jam
2 slices of bread
1 piece of cheese
a little knob of butter
1. Using a cookie cutter, cut the middle of 1 slice of bread.
2. Divide the 1 piece of cheese into 4 strips.
3. Place the (uncut) slice of bread on toaster tray. Line the strips of cheese on top the 4 sides of bread. Stack the other slice of bread (the one with the cut-out shape) on top. Press the sides a little.
4. Gently, break the egg into the centre cut square. Put a little butter on the yolk.
5. Toast for about 10 minutes, done! Add some white or black pepper if you like.