6 oz plain flour
175 ml fresh milk
110 ml water
2 tablespoons oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Sift flour twice to incorporate air.
2. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and oil.
3. Add salt and pepper and mix with a wooden spoon.
4. Pour in the fresh milk and water. Beat using a hand beater.
5. Grease well the muffin tray with oil. Pour the batter into the muffin tray, half full.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 40 - 45 minutes or till hard and crispy on top.
7. Serve with gravies of steak or chicken and roasted vegetables.