6 nos eggs
4 oz castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon ovallette
3 oz flour
1 tablespoon milk powder
4 oz butter ~ melted
a bit of chocolate emulco
strawberry jam (I used 'Lempuk')
1. Place ingredients A in a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Pour in the melted butter. Mix well.
3. Set aside a few tablespoons of the batter and add in emulco. Stir to mix. Pour into a piping bag.
4. Spread the white batter onto the tray layered with greaseproof paper.
5. Pipe lines using the brown batter onto the white batter.
6. Using a toothpick, make lines across the brown batter to create batik effect.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 20 minutes.
8. Once baked, remove the cake from the tray onto a wire rack. Let it cool.
9. Turn the cake onto another piece of paper and spread the jam.
10. Slowly and carefully, roll the cake. Sliced it and ready to serve. But if you're using buttercream for the filling, please refrigerate for a while before cutting.
Thanks to AhPek of Forum Cari and Mak Lang !