Source : My Darling Mom
300 g dhall
1 onion ~ diced
1 fresh red chillie ~ diced
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 sprig of Curry leaves ~ finely sliced
salt to taste
oil for frying
1. Soak dhall for at least 4 hours but I soaked the dhall overnight.
2. Drain and blend three quarter (3/4) into a paste in an electric food processor. Leave the one-quarter (1/4) portion aside.
3. Combine the ground paste with the unground portion.
4. Add in onion, red chillie, fennel seeds, curry leaves and salt. Mix well.
5. Wet your hands and place a spoonful of mixture on the palm of your hand. Make into a round then flatten slightly.
6. Deep-fry in hot oil until crispy and golden.
7. Serve with fresh green chillie.