CREAM CHEESE BUNS
Source : Aunty Yochana
325 gm. Bread flour
10 gm. yeast
1 tsp. Bread improver
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. Milk Powder
60 gm. castor sugar
120 ml. water
45 gm. margarine
1. Beat the above ingredients together except margarine for about 10 mins.
2. Add in butter and beat for another 10 mins. till dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Leave it to proof for about 45 mins.
4. Remove from mixer, roll into small balls 60 gm. each and let it rest for another 10 mins.
5. Roll out the small dough, wrap with cream cheese filling and seal tightly.
6. Put into a fluted greased mould and leave to proof for another 45 mins.
7. Pipe the mexico topping on top of the buns - in a coil shape and bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 15 mins.
8. Cool on wire rack.
Cream cheese fillings :
Mix them together and stir till smooth.
220 gm. Cream cheese
50 gm. icing sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
For added flavour, add in 2 Tbsp. of Blueberry Pie filling and omit the vaniila essence and substitute for Blueberry essence