Source : Hanieliza Fotopages
2 cups glutinous rice (washed and soak with a teaspoon of lime water (air kapur) for an hour. Put through a strainer and rinse again)
2 cups coconut milk mixed with a bit of salt
1 cup screwpine leaves juice (jus pandan)
1/2 coconut ~ scraped
1. Mix all the above ingredients except scraped coconut in a bowl and steam till cooked, about 30 minutes.
2. Once cooked, scoop a heaped tablespoon of the rice and place it on a piece of plastic, on top of a necafe bottle cover. This is considered to be the mould.
3. Cover the rice with the plastic and press to give it a nice shape.
4. Remove the plastic and coat with scraped coconut.
5. Serve with sugar syrup.
1. I made half the recipe and managed to get 8 pieces.
2. I didn't use a nescafe bottle but I used the ring for frying egg and I press it with a bottle cover just the size of the ring.
3. I don't have scraped coconut, so I just steamed a bit of desiccated coconut.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup water
Boil the above ingredients till slightly thick. Cool before serving.
Cara Kuzi mengembalikan ke'remajaan' desiccated coconut...kuzi pakai nyok yg kering tuh.. desiccated coconut. Masukkan dlm periuk + air skit + santan pekat + garam + gula skit. Masak sekejap. Ni tujuan utk mengembalikan ke'remajaan' nyok supaya jadi seperti nyok yg baru dikukur!