Source : Mr Alex Goh
400g bread flour
100g plain flour
8g green tea powder (I put about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
1 tablespoon milk powder
4 teaspoons instant dried yeast
200ml cold water (I put lukewarm water)
60g butter (I used margarine)
pinch of black sesame seed
Red Bean Filling (I used the readymade red bean paste from the bakery supplies shop)
150g red beans
1. Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) and mix to form a dough.
2. Add (C), continue to mix to form a smooth and elastic dough.
3. Mould it into a ball. Place in a bowl and cover with clear film (I wrapped the bowl with a clean plastic bag). Let it prove in a warm place for 45 minutes or until it doubles its size.
4. Divide the dough into 60g pieces and shape them into balls, then let them rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough and place the filling in the centre and shape them into balls. Place the dough onto a baking tray.
6. Let them prove for 45 to 60 minutes or till they double in size.
7. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some black sesame seed on top. Bake in a preheated ove at 190 C for 12 - 15 minutes. Serve.
To prepare the filling :
1. Boil (A) till soft.
2. Discard water, add (B) and cook till thick.
3. Add (C) and continue to cook till thick. Allow to cool. Set aside.