Source : - Sis 1mas2ra
250g butter ~ cut to small cubes
400g cooking chocolate ~ cut to small cubes
340g brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
20g chocolate emulco
60g cocoa powder
140g walnut/pecan/almond/macadamia (optional) ~ toasted
1. Layer a 12" x 12" tray with greaseproof paper and make sure the paper is longer than the tray , so that it'll be easier to remove the brownies from the tray.
2. Melt butter and cooking chocolate using double-boiler method. Set aside till lukewarm.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and chocolate emulco using the hand whisk till the sugar dissolves.
4. Pour the butter and chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Mix well.
5. Sift flour and cocoa powder and add in the toasted nuts. Add the flour into the mixture. Do not overmix.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 160 C (if using a small oven) for 1 hour or till done. The temperature and the baking time depends on your oven.
7. Leave the brownies to cool completely before cutting. For better result, leave overnight.
8. You can top the brownies with ganache, eat them with icecream or custard sauce or simply enjoy them the way they are!