Source : Alex Goh
320g bread flour
80g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk powder
1 tablespoon instant yeast
2 egg yolks
Some strawberry jam
*80g chopped dried apricots
*80g chopped prunes
(* I substituted both ingredients with raisins, green cherries and red cherries)
1. Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
2. Add (C) and continue to knead to form a smooth and soft dough.
3. Let it prove for 50 - 60 minutes or till it doubles in size.
4. Divide dough into 2 equal portions and mould them into balls. Make 2 loaves.
5. Leave them to rest for 10 minutes, then roll them into rectangles (L 30cm x W 20cm).
6. Spread them with strawberry jam, sprinkle with chopped dried apricots and prunes then roll them up like a Swiss Roll, about 30 cm long.
7.Cut into 8 pieces. Put them into a round 20 cm diameter baking pan, greased and lined with greaseproof paper.
8. Leave to prove for 45 minutes or till they double in size.
9. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some extra chopped driend apricots and prunes on top.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 C on a low shelf for 25 - 30 minutes.
11. Remove from the baking pan immediately when baked and glaze with apricot gel. Serve.