1 kg Hong Kong Flour (I used all purpose flour)
8 g instant dried yeast
18 g baking powder
100 g sugar
30 g vegetable shortening
10 g Voltex/Bread Improver
2 teaspoons ovalette
500 g lukewarm water (extra if needed)
Filling (I used red bean filling)
1. Sift flour, bread improver and baking powder into the mixing bowl.
2. Add in yeast, sugar, ovalette and mix well.
3. On the mixer and pour in water, a little at a time till well incorporated then add in the vegetable shortening.
4. Continue kneading till a smooth and soft dough is formed. Add more water if needed.
5. Make into small balls and place the filling in the middle.
6. Leave the dough to rest and rise for 20 - 25 minutes.
7. Get the steamer ready and steam the pau for 8 - 10 minutes.
1. I made just 1/4 the recipe.
2. Using ovalette in the recipe will make the pau softer
Recipe, courtesy of MamaZieza. Thank you mama dear....