Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2023

CAKOI / PAT TONG KO / YOUTIAO

I thought of updating yesterday but I was too tired and call it a day. 

Yesterday morning, I heard the municiple worker, cutting the grass outside our house. I went out to move the car to a safer place to avoid any consequences. I asked the guy, can he help me to chop down the bamboo trees that had shot up sky high. That was planted by our ex neighbour Kak Ana. When Kak Ana was around, we use to trim the trees together or the gardener who comes once a month will do the job for us. But since she moved out, the trees were left unattended. I wanted to trim the trees earlier but Mr Hubby said, we can't as the trees are not ours. But now, since it had grown into a 'mini jungle' and blocking the view which is dangerous for us and our other neighbours to reverse their cars, finally Hubby gave me the permission to do whatever had to be done. And since the trees had gone big, I am not able to do it myself, plus my hands are not fully recovered. Yeah, I paid the guy to do the job and alhamdulillah job well done.

 Moral of the story, when we live in a community, please be considerate.


Okay lets move on to the recipe to share for today. Made these quite sometimes back. Made the whole recipe and half of it, I packed to freeze. Best to enjoy with kaya or to enjoy just on it's own.



CAKOI / PAT TONG KO / YOUTIAO

SourceCHE NOM

Ingredients :

½ cup full cream milk
½ cup water
½ egg
3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 ½ tablespoons caster sugar
1 ½ teaspoon dry yeast
3 ¼ cups of plain flour ½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder



Method with Thermomix TM6 :

1. Into the mixing bowl, add in full cream milk, water, egg, cooking oil, sugar and dry yeast. Set 2min/37C/SP2

2. Add in the flour, salt, baking powder. Select Knead/4 min.

3. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and round it. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.

4. Lightly dust your work surface with flour, place the dough on the flat surface, and sprinkle some flour over. Roll out into thin flat dough about 3-4 mm thickness.

5. Cut the flat dough into strips.

6. Dip a bamboo skewer in water, dab the wet skewer in the center of the dough strip. Place another strip of dough on top, and then gently press down into the center of the dough with the skewer. This allows both dough strips to stick together.

7. Heat oil and fry the cakoi till golden brown. Enjoy!



Have a nice day!



1 comment:

  1. Your blog has become a trusted companion in my journey of continuous learning.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!