Hi guys! I'm MamaFaMi... today I am going to show to you the cupcakes that we've baked at Mak Chu's house yesterday!
Hahaha... how does that sound like? Way different from how Laura had sounded right. Hahaha...
Yesterday was such a hectic day for me though I thought it would be a day where I can date leisurely with Miss Phillips, my lovely iron. But hey, we can only plan things but Allah is the one who decides. In the morning, soon as hubby left for golfing, I had put the dirty clothes in the washing machine. And then, I dozed off while reading a book. Opened my eyes and it was past 8.45 am. Thought of going to Pasar Tani to get my takoyaki and nasi kerabu but then laziness got the better of me. So I went to the kitchen and cooked myself some Seafood Aglio Olio. Just as I was about to dream of being like Laura, who will eat her final product soon as she's done cooking, came a message from Hazlinda saying that she's dropping by to collect her stuff. When she came and learnt that Mr Hubby was not around, she asked me to join her to Pasar Tani. I was ready in no time and off we went. Bought our breakfast and went back home. Hazlinda told me she's going to OTK Supermarket and asked me to join her. She promised to drop me off later. So YES again to that and off we went.
We didn't go straight to OTK, as planned. Instead we went to Polymart first. Polymart is a bakery supplies shop. While in there, we had a hectic time, trying to take orders from Mak Chu and Suryani! Imagine, with my handphone battery running low, and I had to deal with 3 ladies. Gosh! But alhamdulillah I managed. Finally Hazlinda sent me back at 2.15pm, after 4 hours outing! Mr Hubby was back from his golfing and told me that his teacher was admitted to Institut Jantung Negara and he wanted to visit him. So at 3.30pm, I was out of the house again! Oh I love my life! Hahaha....
We stayed a good one hour at the hospital and then off to Mak Chu's house! Yippeeee!!!! When we reached Mak Chu's house, she was about to start baking these lovely cupcakes, so I joined in. We had a lovely time together. Thanks Mak Chu and Pak Chu for the dinner treat. We reached home at 9.30pm... What a long day for me, but I love it!
RED VELVET CUPCAKES
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Laura Vitale (episode 109)
1 ¼ cup of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaoonsp of salt
1/4 cup of unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of Buttermilk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract/essence
Red food coloring
For the frosting :
2 cups of powdered sugar/confectionary sugar/icing sugar
4 oz of cream cheese, softened at room temperature (about 115g)
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 tablespoon of milk (fresh milk)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees farenheit (175 C). Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients and set aside.In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter, add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined and creamy.
3. With the mixer running on low, add half of the dry ingredients and half of the buttermilk, make sure its combined and add the remaining dry ingredients and buttermilk making sure to combine everything together but not over mixing.Using a spatula mix the batter from the bottom to make sure nothing is left stuck to the side of the bowl, add enough food coloring to get the desired red color for your cupcakes.
4. Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop the batter evenly in your prepared pan and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until when you insert a toothpick in the center it comes out clean.Let the cupcakes cool completely.
5. To make the frosting :
Simply put all the frosting ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until well combined and it has the consistency of a thick frosting.Frost the cupcakes either with a little spatula or using a disposable piping bag fitted with a plain large tip.
6. Let cool in the fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes to set a little before serving (if you can resist them anyway)
Have a nice day!