Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Chocolate Chip Muffins (Laura Vitale)

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Last Tuesday, I was feeling down due to something which I can't get out of my mind. And yesterday I was still like that in the morning. But I said to myself, I've done my part and the rest is up to Allah to decide whether I am in the wrong or otherwise. Having said that, I told myself, I just have to snap out of this situation. I can't be down forever.....

So I turned to Miss Phillips who is forever there for me, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health (eh...dah macam bunyi orang kahwin lak!)...for comfort. She is my stress theraphy. I dated her for like 7 hours yesterday, enjoying each and every minute of it. I ended up with two big empty baskets and two wardrobes full of ready to wear clothes. #feelingblessed

Erk... by the way, if anyone is wondering who this lovely Miss Phillips is, well, she is my Steamed Iron, which I love dearly.


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Here comes MamaFaMi 'ransacking' through Laura's kitchen again. This time I followed exactly her recipe, even the temperature of the oven and it turned out lovely. Thanks again and again Laura for the lovely recipe. Not only it is effortless to do but also, the muffins are yummy. The sweetness is just right!


CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Laura Vitale (episode 90)


Ingredients :

2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 12 oz bag of Milk Chocolate Chips (I just chuck in as much as I like)
2/3 of a cup of whole milk (I used Nestle full cream milk)
½ cup of melted butter
2 tablespoons of sour cream (I used plain yogurt)
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar

Method :

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Farenheit (200 degree Celcius). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and spray the edges with non stick cooking spray, set aside. Since I don't have a non stick cooking spray, I just brush the edges with some cooking oil. Works just fine!
2. In a small bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients and set aside.
3. In another small bowl add the chocolate chips and half a cup of the dry ingredients mix and toss to make sure each piece of chocolate chips are coated in the flour mixture.
4. In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until combined. Add the dry ingredients and just mix to combine but not over mixing. Using a spatula fold in the chocolate chip mixture and make sure they are evenly spread out through out the batter.
5. Using a large ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin pan.
6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. I baked mine for 20 minutes.



Have a nice day!


16 comments:

  1. Helluuuuu
    Nak mintak sikit..like 1% dah lah of your kerajinan...
    Pleaseeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helluuuuu to you tooo..... ihik ihik....
      I got no rajin, tapi menggosok tu hobby. So kena mintak 1% of my hobby. Ahaks...

      Delete
  2. Hi Mama! Hope you are feeling better now. This chocolate chip muffins is very nostalgic because that was the first muffin that I baked. I was so happy when it turned out. At that time, I still haven't started my blog. If not, it would have been documented hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong...
      Well life goes on... so I have to get going too. Kalau I wait, nanti penat nak lari catch up! Hahaha...
      My first trial, which I can say first la, in paving the way to this cyberworld is the serimuka pulut hitam. It all started from there....

      Delete
  3. hi mama...lama tak singgah sini.

    seperti biasa....nak collect resepi ya :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collect McK, collect. Nanti dah puas collect, godaklah pulak ye.... *saying this to myself too!*

      Delete
  4. wah...sedapnya..menggiurkan..dahla saya tengah pantang ni....sabar2...nnti habis pantang nak try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabar ye mama solehah solihin. Pantang leklok dulu. Nanti dah merdeka, boleh bersilat kat dapur semula :D

      Delete
  5. rindunye nak makan sume2 kek, dessert bagai, skrg tgh pantang...dah abis pntg pun kene jage jugak takut bdn naik huhu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masa berpantanglah mula datang nafsu nak makan memacam kan? Masa boleh makan dulu, tak de le heran sangat kot kan? Ahaks... well, at least, mama macam tu la... :P

      Delete
  6. Assalam Mama..

    Vavavava gambo yg ni molek je, dh cantik dah tu posing dari atas...go go Mama...u can do it hehehehe
    *mintak seketul.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Sis Lin...

      Hihihi.. here comes my second advisor. *sambil pegang kedua-dua sisi kepala* Noooooooooooooo!!!!! Pressure!!!!!
      Hahahaha.... acah je. Kita tak mo lah serious serious. Kita nak santai santai main main je. Dah dua kali tau Sis Lin, buat cenggitu, menjadi. Bila beriya panjat kosi bagai, hampeh! Hahaha

      Ooooo dah jack jack... ngendeng seketul eh! Ada maknaaaaa nooooo....

      Delete
  7. Assalam Mama Vogue....amboi3 bestnya tgk gebuss sungguh muffin tu������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam. Ya Allah, tang mana voguenya tu Nita oi! Hahahaha....

      Delete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!