SUNQUICK ORANGE CUPCAKES
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Friedbluetomato via Allrecipes dot com
Makes 30 cupcakes
3g salt (I omit)
225g butter (I used Planta margarine)
400g castor sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon orange oil (I added)
2 tablespoons sunquick orange
375g self-raising flour - divided into 3 portions
235 ml full cream milk (Dutch Lady) - divided into 2 portions
Whip cream (I used Value Pride)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 30 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
2. Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the margarine and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating each egg until incorporated before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla essence, orange oil and sunquick orange.
3. Gently fold in the flour mixture into the margarine mixture, alternating with the milk, starting and ending with flour. Beat until just combined; do not over mix.
4. Fill the prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing them to finish cooling on a rack.
5. For the topping, I used whip cream. Pipe onto the cupcakes and decorate as you please.
Have a nice day!