JEMPUT-JEMPUT NASI (RICE FRITTERS)
Posted by MamaFaMi
1 cup leftover rice
3 shallots - sliced
2 tablespoons dried anchovies (soaked)
1/2 Holland onion - diced
1 fresh red chillie - diced
spring onions - chopped
salt to taste
1/2 teapsoon baking powder
enough hot water
oil for frying
1. Place rice, shallots and achovies with a enough plain water. Blend till fine.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Add in diced onion, red chillie, spring onion and salt. Mix well.
3. Fold in flour and baking powder. Bater should be slightly thick.
4. Heat oil. And using your fingers, scoop the bater and drop it into the medium heat oil. Other option, you can also use your icecream scoop to do the job *wink*.
5. Fry till golden brown. Remove the rice fritters onto a kitchen towel.
6. Ready to serve with chillie sauce. Psst... I had mine with sandwich mayo!
Have a nice day!