1. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
2. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
3. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
4. Dream more while you are awake.
5. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
6. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
7. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
8. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
9. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
10. Smile and laugh more.
11. You don't have to win every arguement, agree to disagree.
CHAP CHYE (MIXED VEGETABLES STEW)
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Che Mat Gebu
2 potatoes - cleaned and quartered
Carrots - sliced
dried lily buds
bean curd sticks
1 piece chicken cube
fresh ginger - sliced
garlic - chopped
To garnish :
scallion - diced
fresh red chillie - diced
1. Soak dried lily buds, black fungus, glass noodles and bean curd stick in individual bowls of water. When softened, drain the water and squeeze out excess water. Cut to smaller pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pot. Stir fry sliced shallots, chopped garlic and ginger till fragrant.
3. Add in potatoes. Stir for a while then pour enough water into the pot. Add in the chicken cube.
4. When the potatoes are half cooked and the soup is boiling, add in the carrots, lily buds, black fungus, glass noodles and bean curd sticks.
5. Add in salt if necessary. Once cooked, remove from heat.
6. Before serving, sprinkle with some diced scallions and fresh red chillie. Serve with steamed rice.
Have a nice day!