SWEET SOFT BUN
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : E-na
200 ml liquid (1 egg + fresh milk = 200ml)
50 g sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bread softener
250 g bread flour / high protein flour
50 g flour
1 teaspoon bread improver
1 1/2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
25 g shortening
25 g margarine
Glazing: 1 tablespoon fresh milk
Sprinkle : Coarse sugar
Method (Bread maker) :
1. Into the breadmaker pan, add in mixture of fresh milk and egg. Add in sugar, salt and bread softener.
2. Top it with high protein flour, all purpose flour, bread improver and instant dried yeast.
3. Set the bread maker to DOUGH setting and press start. When the dough is just combined, add in shortening andmargarine. Leave the bread maker to finish the cycle which will takes about 1 1/2 hour or so.
4. Remove the dough from the pan and divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Roughly about 45g each.
5. Form each portion into a smooth ball. Arrange the rolls on a greased baking tray and leave to prove till double the size.
6. Brush the proved rolls with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25 minutes or till golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of butter. Place on a wire rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.