Though time wasn't on my side yesterday, I still did these rolls just because I can't resist Ayin's bread photos. When the dough was ready, I didn't shape it right away because I had to rush to Bangi to fetch my mom, accompanied by Kak Ana. So I had to chuck the dough together with the bread maker pan into the fridge. By the time I got back after 2 hours, the dough had proved again in the fridge! Hahaha... now this is what I called, triple proving! Hish marah cikgu-cikgu roti sebab memandai-mandai je buat method sendiri... sket baik roti mama tak kerepot sangat!!!!! Ahahaha...
Thank you Ayin for sharing this lovely recipe with us. My son kept coming for more... *wink*
SAUSAGE ROLLS (AYIN)
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Ayin
500 g high protein flour
100 g sugar
30 g milk powder (I used Fernleaf milk powder)
11 g instant dried yeast
225 g fresh milk - chilled
80 g margarine
2 teaspoons salt
20 pieces beef sausages
Glazing (mix well) :
1 tablespoon milk power
1 1/2 teaspoon water
Bread Maker method :
1. Into the breadmaker pan, add in fresh milk, sugar, eggs and salt.
2. Top it with flour, milk powder and instant dried yeast.
3. Set the bread maker to DOUGH setting and press start. When the dough is just combined, add in margarine. Leave the bread maker to finish the cycle which will takes about 1 1/2 hour or so.
4. Remove the dough from the pan and divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Roughly about 50g each.
5. Form each portion into a ball and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
6. Roll each ball into a long rope and wrap around the sausages.
7. Arrange the rolls on a baking tray and leave to prove till double the size.
8. Brush the proved rolls with milk and sprinkle some sesame seed.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25 minutes or till golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of butter. Place on a wire rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.
I still need to work on the look of the sausage rolls. Mine was not as nice as Ayin's. Anybody care to give a helping hand... or a helping link perhaps??? Much appreciated.... thank you.
Have a nice day!