HECTIC... HECTIC... HECTIC
No complaints or whatsoever... I love it. Kept me going! In and out, up and down of the house... but one question that kept twirlling in my head, why didn't I loose weight! Hmmm.. must be the stubborn fat in my body huh? To say I don't sweat, only those who sees me in action will know how much I sweat. Just by sweeping the floor, I can sweat like I've just washed my face with water still dripping down the face.
Whatever it is, I am thankful to The Almighty Allah for the life that I am having at the moment. Alhamdulillah...... and will try to improve it as time goes by... insyaAllah...
Thank you Kjee and Mat for sharing this lovely recipe.
ASAM PEDAS DAGING DAN KENTANG
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kjee via Mat Gebu
500g topside beef
3 medium size potatoes
1 bunch Vietnamese Mint (daun kesum)
2 torch ginger (bunga kantan) - halved
2 lemon grass, bruised
1 cup tamarind juice
1/2 teaspoon blackpepper
5 tablespoons chillie paste
Salt and sugar to taste
Ingredients to be minced :
3 garlic cloves
1 in ginger (halia)
1/2 inch galangal (lengkuas)
1/2 inch fresh turmeric (kunyit hidup)
1/2 inch shrimp paste (belacan)
1. Slice the beef thinly, wash and rinse. Keep aside. Clean the potatoes and cut to 4 pieces. Soak in water.
2. Heat enough cooking oil in a pot and add in the minced ingredients and the lemon grass.
2. Add in chillie paste and stir till fragrant.
3. Add in the sliced beef, and cook for a while. Add in the potatoes.
4. Pour in enough water and add Vietnamese Mint. Stir and let the beef cooked and the potatoes become soft.
5. Add in the tamarind juice and blackpepper. Stir and let it boil.
6. Add in the torch ginger, salt to taste and sugar (optional).
7. Let it boil for a while and ready to serve.
Have a nice day!