Made this chiffon cake for my mom to bring back to my brother's house. I took the recipe from Puan Zaharah's Facebook and according to her, she got the recipe from Puan Sasha Rahmat. Thank you to both lovely ladies for sharing the recipe.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Puan Zaharah Omar
Ingredients A :
6 egg yolks
2/3 cup corn oil
2/3 cup evaporated milk
½ teaspoon salt
3/4 cup castor sugar
a few drops of pink food coloring
1/2 teaspoon strawberry essence
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Ingredients B (meringue) :
6 egg whites
2/3 cups castor sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Beat egg whites till bubbly and add in castor sugar a little at a time. Finally add in cream of tartar and beat on high speed till stiff.
1. Sift flour and baking powder, preferably trice. Set aside.
2. Combine egg yolks, salt, sugar, food coloring and strawberry essence. Stir and add in corn oil and evaporated milk. Stir till well mixed.
3. Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix well till a smooth batter is formed.
4. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue till well mixed and fold in the rest.
5. Pour the batter into the chiffon baking tin (do not grease).
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and place the tin upside down till the cake is completely cooled.
8. Remove from tin and ready to serve.
Have a nice day!