I had such a wonderful weekend. Alhamdulillah.
On Saturday, hubby gave me his permission to have Girls' Day Out with my sister and her 'happening' friends, Suryani and Hazlinda. We went to watch Ombak Rindu, the lastest Malay film in the cinema, on Suryani. Thank you dearie...bolehlah belanja selalu, murah rezeki you... i like..... We chose to watch at the TGV at Sunway Pyramid. Goodness, to find a parking space there, at 11 am, is very challenging. We had to go round and round the parking lot. Luckily it was Mak Chu who's driving and us (me and Hazlinda) giving her the moral support she needed.... hahahaha.... Finally we managed to find parking at the 5th floor. Then the 'challenge' to find the cinema begins as all of us are not that familiar with Sunway Pyramid! What a good excercise we had! Managed to reach TGV to find Suryani waiting patiently (ye ke?? Ahaks.. siap cekak pinggang bagai kooo... sorry beb..traffic jam... ahaks... alasan klise) for us. We entered the cinema just 5 minutes before the show begins. Right on time!
I have not read the novel by Fauziah Ashari, so I don't really know what to expect. But I was all ready to shed lots of tears as I understand, the movie will be a very touchy one, from the reviews that I had read. I brought a face towel and a packet of tissue with me. But guess what, it didn't happen at all and I am amazed with myself for being so strong! All thanks to ONE of us who really cried her heart out while watching! Hehehehe... I didn't use my face towel, only the packet of tissue. Not to wipe my tears but HERS. Hehehe..... It was a lovely movie... sad, funny, angry, romantic.. all in...
After the movie, we had lunch at Penyet Express. My first time eating Ayam Penyet and it was not disappointing. Then we went to Popular Bookshop and I managed to grab one new novel... haven't read yet as I have quite a pile waiting in queue! I'd like to thank Mak Chu, Suryani and Hazlinda for the lovely day out.... I'm refreshed now! Thank you girls... muah muah muah....
And yesterday... my lovely day out with darling hubby... thank you love......
Made these buns for my sister and her two buddies. Started preparing the bread soon after Fajr prayers and managed to get it baked before we leave for Sunway Pyramid. Guess what, I didn't keep the buns in an airtight container till we got back after 4 pm because I took the buns out of the oven, just before leaving. But the buns stayed soft! I just love this recipe. Posted it once before, but I'll post it again here with a slight change. THIS RECIPE IS DEFINATELY A KEEPER, one of the best to me. Thank you to Puan Roshayati Johari for this WONDERFUL Basic Dough recipe.
BASIC BREAD RECIPE
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Puan Roshayati Johari
500g bread flour/high protein flour
1 teaspoon salt
30g milk powder
1 teaspoon bread improver (optional)
1 teaspoon bread softener (optional)
4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
1 egg (lightly beaten)
Coarse sugar to sprinkle
1. Mix well all ingredients in (A)
2. Add (B) into (A) and knead till smooth.
3. Add (C) and continue kneading till smooth and shiny and dough does not stick to your hand.
4. Leave to prove for 30 - 40 minutes.
5. Punch down the dough to let the air out.
6. Divide the dough according to the weight you wish. Make into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
7. Shape accordingly.
8. Leave to prove for 40 minutes - 1 hour.
9. Bake till golden brown.
Bread Maker method :
1. Into the breadmaker pan, pour in the water, egg, salt, sugar and bread softener.
2. Top it with flour, milk powder, bread improver and instant dried yeast.
3. Set the bread maker to DOUGH setting and press start. When the dough is just combined, add in margarine. Leave the bread maker to finish the cycle which will takes about 1 1/2 hour or so.
4. Remove the dough from the pan and divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Roughly about 49 to 50g each.
5. Form each portion into a ball and arrange on a baking tray. Spray with a bit of water. Leave to rise for another 30 minutes or so.
6. Sprinkle the top of the dough with enough coarse sugar. Spray with a bit of water on the dough surface before putting the tray into the oven.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 30 minutes or till golden brown.
7. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of butter. Place on a wire rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.
Have a nice day!