Thank God I managed to find my way into my blog. With all the cobwebs hanging all over the place, and dirt almost an inch thick... pheww.... Yes, this blog had been ignored for a few days. Not by choice actually. Time is just not on my side...anyway I am back, hopefully to stay...
My cousin once asked me, if I knew how to make Pavlova as my aunt loves to eat them. When she said she's coming over to my place, I went through the internet to look for a good recipe of Pavlova. Of course, a good recipe should come from a good blog owned by a good cook, don't you think so? One of them is Rima of Bisous a Toi. Love her photos and also her recipes. For this recipe, I just took the meringue part. I didn't do the passionfruit sauce as I don't have any passionfruits at home. Thank you Rima for sharing with us this lovely recipe. My aunt even asked to bring home the undressed pavlova.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Rima of Bisous a Toi
150ml eggwhite (approximately 4 eggs)
1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch), sifted
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
2. Place the eggwhite in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, whisking well, until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
3. Add the cornflour and vinegar and whisk until just combined.
4. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper. Use a 6cm diameter cake ring to outline 18 circles and turn the baking paper over (so the meringue does not touch the pencil marks.
5. Spoon the egg white mixture into a piping bag fitted with No. 9 nozzle. Pipe 18 swirls following the outlines on the marked paper. Pipe flowers along edges of swirls on to each meringue.
6. Reduce oven to 120°C (250°F) and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow the pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
Whipped cream - I used the canned whipped cream.
Fresh fruits - I used Kiwi, orange and frozen strawberries
Pipe some cream over the Pavlova, top with Kiwi, orange and strawberries and serve immediately.
Have a nice day!