Alhamdulillah we meet again today. I was not well the whole of yesterday. I had koyok pasted on both sides of my temples, hair tied with 3 rubberbands...I think I looked like Shrek with an extra ear popping in the middle of the head! I do feel green though! Hahahaha...
Thanks to Miss Headache who decided to pay me a visit yesterday morning and just refused to go away though I had tried to ignore her with all my might. My friends used to call me the blue power ranger...blue being my favourite color and energetic, to describe the word power ranger. But I guess, yesterday, this blue power ranger just 'punctured'!
I had to give in and swallowed one tablet and off to Dreamland... mmm what did I dream yesterday...mmm....
And this morning, I woke up to the sound of the heavy rain by the window sill. Lovely. If only today is Saturday, won't that be nice... But what is nicer... Miss Headache left! Yabedabedoooo......
SWEET POTATO ONDEH-ONDEH
Posted by MamaFaMi
2 sweet potatoes
salt to taste
Enough glutinous rice flour
I piece palm sugar - diced
Grated coconut - just the white meat
a pinch of salt
1. Clean the sweet potatoes and diced. Place in a pot of water. Add salt to taste. Boil till sweet potatoes are tender. Put through a sieve.
2. When cool enough to handle, mashed the potatoes and add glutinous rice flour, enough to form a soft dough.
3. Mix the grated coconut with a pinch of salt and steam for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the steamer and let it cool completely.
4. Take a bit of the dough and lightly flatten it on your palm. Place a piece of the palm sugar in the middle and cover it with the dough. Roll into a ball and keep aside. Repeat this procedure till all the dough is used up.
5. Bring a pot of water to boil. Put in the ondeh-ondeh. When the ondeh-ondeh float to the surface, remove them and shake off the excess water.
6. Coat the ondeh-ondeh with grated coconut and ready to serve.
Have a pleasant day!