Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Pharata Rolls with Hotdog Filling

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

How cruel can a mom be!!!

Last Saturday night fever, I was watching TV in my room. Hubby was watching his golf on the TV downstairs. Fatin decided to join me. When I look at the TV guide, the next movie will be PENANGGAL. An evil naughty idea struck me. Fatin asked me, what's the meaning of penanggal and I said innocently, maybe it's tanggal or tercabut (came off). For the true meaning of Penanggal, please click here.

She obediently lay down next to me and we she watch the movie with interest. As for naughty me, when it came to the scary part, I will just busy myself with my phone or with my book, without Fatin noticing! Hahaha... After a while she became jumpy and I just enjoyed myself teasing her and then laughed my heart out! The last 15 minutes of the movie, I off the lights in the room to give a better effect. While she's shivering under her blanket (oh yeah, she had brought along the big blanket as well to be her shield! Muahahahaha), I nicely dozed off to dreamland.... hahahahahahahahaha......

The next morning she told me that she didn't sleep well. And you know what did I reply? Why did you continue watching then. I, in the first place, don't really want to watch the movie!!! Hahahahahaha.... pity my girl...

So....how cruel can a mom be....... ahahahahahahahaha.....

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Last weekend, I had a lovely time, doing nothing much, especially on Sunday. I spent most of the time, dating going out with hubby and if we are at home, just lazying in front of the TV. My God, how lovely and how relaxed it was. If I can do that more often, how nice.....

Since I haven't tried anything new, let me just post this simple recipe that I had tried, after being inspired by Diana aka Sky Blue's Tortilla Ayam Sayuran. But being in a L.A.Z.Y mode, I had totally change the ingredients to suit my laziness! So here's roughly what I had done. But I bet, Diana's tortilla is way nicer then these...


PHARATA ROLLS WITH HOTDOG FILLING
Posted by : MamaFaMi

Ingredients :

1 clove garlic - chopped
2 pieces beef hotdog - cut to small pieces
3 button mushrooms - sliced
1/4 cup mixed vegetables
1 1/2 tablespoon blackpepper sauce
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon cornflour (mixed with a bit of water, to thicken the sauce)
enough water
salt to taste
cooking oil

2 pieces puff pharata (I used Kawan brand)
lettuce
Thousand Island sauce


 Method :

1. Heat a bit of oil in a skillet. Add in garlic and fry till fragrant.
2. Add in the hotdog, mushrooms and mixed vegetable. Stir.
3. Add in the blackpepper and oyster sauce with a bit of water.
4. Let it simmer and when the mixed vegetable is soft, pour in the cornflour mixture. Add salt if necessary. Set aside to cool.
5. Heat the non-stick pan with very little oil and pan fry the pharata.
6. To assemble, place a piece of lettuce on top of the pharata. Spoon enough filling on top of the lettuce and pipe some thousand island sauce on top. Roll the pharata and ready to serve.


Have a nice day!

7 comments:

  1. sedapnya mama...
    ptg ni nak buatlah...
    yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum mama,
    Amboooi berseleranya saya nampak pharata rolls tu, rasa cam nak ngap saja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sedapnya mama... terliur2 dibuatnya..

    ReplyDelete
  4. tak kisahlah.. tortila atau phrata.. dua2 pun nampak sodappp..!! tapi kalau mkn mama punya version ni nak kena exercise lebih sikitlah utk bakar kalori.. hehehehe.... peaceeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. edapnyeeeee! :P

    -nabialishad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamualaikum mama..
    hehehe.. terima kasih mama.. ^_^
    mamaaa... nie yer yg mama bgtau ari tu yer.. cantik ler.. nmpk sedaaap tau mama... kalau Irfan yg nmpk nie... pasti nak nie.. tgk filling nya tu... fav irfan tu mama... nnt nk try inti mcm mama buat nie plak.. pasti sedap

    ReplyDelete
  7. sedapnyer mama...teringin nk mkn time2 dmm mcm nie!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!