Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Orange Almond Sweet Rolls

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

This morning, when I went into the kitchen, I found this note of the fridge.......

Oh thank you darling Syahmi. So sweet of you my baby.

I was not feeling well yesterday. I think it has something to do with my blood pressure. Dare not check my pressure. Afraid the reading might add to my tense. I tried busying myself with ironing and mopping... it went off when I was doing the chores. But once I am done, that's when the not-so-nice feeling came back. As a result, I slept as early as 9.15pm. When Syahmi came back at 10 pm and saw the mom's sleeping like a baby, that's when he dished out his own dinner and tidied up everything that's on the table. Kept the leftovers in the fridge and cleared the sink. Thank you so much boboy... you've made my day!

T.H.E M.E.N.U

I came back at 12 noon and managed to prepare these for lunch... and dinner as well...


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Another bread recipe today! I just can't resist bread recipes. Love to bake and love to eat them as well. Tried this recipe two days ago and as usual, half of it went to my neighbour, Saerah's house. This was her feedback....

Wak, heaven nya roti nie, recipe dh ada kt blog lum?.......
So yes Sae, I'll share the recipe today ya. Many thanks to Gert for the lovely recipe. Allow me to post it here for my future reference. Thank you thank you......

ORANGE ALMOND SWEET ROLLS
Posted by : MamaFaMi
Source : Gert's Blogspot

Ingredients :

Dough :

¾ cup milk warm
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
4 cups flour
¼ cup sugar
2 ¼ tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt

Orange Filling :

5 tbsp softened butter
3 tbsp ground almond
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
Zest of 2 orange


Method :

1. To make the dough, combined the warm milk and melted butter together. In a mixer bowl combined the flour, sugar, yeast and salt together. Mix well.
2. Fit the mixer with dough hook attachment. With the mixer on low speed, add the buttermilk mixture and eggs and mix until the dough comes together, about 2 minutes.
3. Increase the mixer to medium speed and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes
4. Place the dough in a large, lightly greased bowl and cover the top tightly with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled, around 2 to 2 ½ hours, depending on the warmth of your kitchen.
5. For the filling, combine all the filling in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
6. When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll it into 16 by 12-inch rectangle.
7. Spread the filling mixture over the rectangle, using an offset spatula or rubber spatula.
8. Lift the longest edge closest to you and begin rolling the dough into a tight log. Pinch the seam closed and roll the log so it is seam side down.
9. Using a serrated knife, slice the log into 10-12 evenly sized rolls. You can slice them thinner or thicker as you like. Take a piece of the roll, holding on to both end simultaneously pull and twist the roll into a figure eight.
10. Place it on lined baking pan. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap. Let the rolls rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
11. Baked the rolls at a pre-heated 350 degree F for 22-25 minutes or until the rolls are lightly golden brown on top and cooked through.

Note :
I used my Bread Maker to do the job!


Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum mama...
    mama kurang sihat yer... take care tau mama... rehat bebanyak yer...
    ermmm... mama..sedapnya orange almond sweet rolls tu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaahhh waaahh bertuahnya Mama...anak jantan rajin tul..kalau Aiman xda laa..letak jek pinggan dlm sink tu ha...dia masih mimpi lg yg org gaji dr Indon x penah sampai2...hahahhaha. Mama, jgn tense sgt eh, nnt darah naik lg...adeeii..pi la cek dgn Doc..pastu tdo kasi cukup maaaaa...Apapun roti Mama ni kan..selalu menggetarkan otak bila tgk taaauu..kejiiii...hehhe
    * Ma, thanks pagi2 dah bg ucapan td eh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam.. Hi Mama, jarang menulis komen di blog ni. Semoga Mama cepat sembuh.. bertuahnya dapat anak yg memahami keadaan ibunya..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama, you are not feeling well ke? Take plenty of rest ok. Glad that you tried out this bread. Memang a bit messy when pulling and twisting it but the shape turn out nice ha ha.. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alamak adik, your anak so rajin and so sweet! You take care ya and please don't over tire yourself ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your son is so thoughtful and sweet :)

    And the sweet rolls look really good! I cant imagine how the orange filling will taste like with almond and oranges - must be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam...Get well soon mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!