Yesterday, I had visitors, the three lovely ladies from three popular food blogs. They were Ummi Kuantan, Jun Yummilicious and Maz. Ummi and Jun arrived at Maz's house around 11 am and I only joined them there about noon, when I'm done with the house chores. After a few good hours of chatting, we headed to my little humble hut and the chatting continues till about 5 pm. Our mouths had a good excercise from all the chattings and munchings. I had served them fried macaroni (I didn't snap any photo of these), Tuna Mayo Puffs, Assorted Buns with chocolate and red bean paste filling and some Blueberry Cheese Tarts for tea.
Thank you ladies for coming. I hope you had enjoyed your time at my place as much as I had enjoyed having all of you here.
I had always envy people who managed to bake lovely looking Blueberry Cheesetarts. Those that I had baked before, didn't come out nice in terms of look but taste wise, I am happy with what I've done. So, giving the chance to prepare some desserts for my visitors, I had braved myself to once again attempt baking these Blueberry Cheesetarts and I think, I can be proud of myself as my tarts look quite alright to me. This time, I had used Am-Flora's filling recipe. Am, allow me to copy and paste your whole recipe for the Blueberry Cheese Tarts to be shared with my fellow visitors. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe with all of us. Now I think, I have to work on the artistic finishing on top of the filling as mine looks quite ugly!!! Huwaaaaa.....
BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART
Source : Azila via Am (Flora Heights)
For the pastry
75g icing sugar
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add in egg. Mix well.
2. Add in flour and mix till a soft dough is formed.
3. Take a bit of dough and place it into the tart mould and press the dough to follow the shape of the mould. Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C for 20 minutes. Temperature and baking time may differ.
For the Filling
250g Philadelpia Cream Cheese
60g icing sugar
Cream all the ingredients for the filling till smooth.
To assemble :
1. Spoon a bit of Blueberry Filling into the prepared shells.
2. Top it with enough filling.
3. Sketch a little design on top of the filling. (For the sketches, mix a bit of cream cheese with a bit of blueberry coloring). But I used chocolate emulco.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C for just 5 minutes,
5. Remove from heat and ready to serve.
Have a nice day! Take care!