PUTERI AYU or TIWUL AYU
180 g sugar
250 g flour
1/2 tablespoon ovalette
1 glass screwpine juice (I used pandan essence)
green, yellow and red coloring
fresh grated coconut + salt to taste
1. Beat egg and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add in ovalette and continue beating.
3. Fold in flour.
4. Pour in the screwpine juice.
5. Divide the mixture into 3 bowls and add coloring.
6. Press a bit of coconut onto the base of the mould.
7. Pour the mixture on top.
8. Steam for 10 - 20 minutes.
9. This recipe yields 30 pieces.