CHOCOLATE BATIK SWISS ROLL
3 nos eggs
2 oz castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 tablespoon ovallette
1.5 oz flour, remove 1.5 tablepoon
1/2 tablespoon milk powder
2 oz butter ~ melted
1.5 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Place ingredients A in a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Set aside 1.5 tablespoons of the batter and put into a piping bag.
3. Add cocoa powder to the batter in the mixer (larger amount) and beat for another 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Spread the cocoa batter onto the tray layered with greaseproof paper.
5. Pipe lines using the white batter onto the cocoa batter.
6. Using a cake skewer, make lines across the white batter to create batik effect.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 20 minutes.
8. Once baked, remove the cake from the tray onto a wire rack. Let it cool.
9. Turn the cake onto another piece of paper and spread the buttercream.
10. Slowly and carefully, roll the cake. Wrap in a clingfilm and keep in the refrigerator for the buttercream to set before slicing it.