A KEEPER (5) Advertisement (5) announcement (4) Apam (21) Articles (3) Awards (24) Beef (5) Bread (123) Brownies (15) Cakes (120) Charity (6) Chicken (17) Chiffon (12) Contest (5) Cookies (65) Crafts (1) Cuppies Design (56) Dedication (57) Dessert (3) Donut (6) Drinks (10) Equipments (6) Fish (6) Fondant (1) Gifts (1) Health (4) HELP (2) Information (4) Ingredients (6) Islam (4) Jalan-jalan Cari Makan (2) Kuih-muih (103) Lauk-pauk (121) MANUALS (2) Muffins (39) MY BOOK (3) Orders (3) Pasta (13) Pies n Pastry (21) Pies/Pastry/Puffs (5) Pudding (9) Ramblings (25) Rice n Noodles (56) Seafood (7) Snacks (36) Step-by-Step (12) Stories (14) Tag (9) Trips (10) Vegetables (7) Video (3) Western (11)
Friday, August 10, 2007
Soft Butter Bun
SOFT BUTTER BUNS
250g high protein/bread flour
50g superfine flour
50g castor sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons milk powder
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 small egg
30g butter ~ room temperature 140ml water
1 egg ~ lightly beaten Melted butter, for brushing
1. Combine all ingredients, except butter and knead till a dough is formed.
2. Add butte and continue kneading till a smooth, soft and elastic dough is formed.
3. Prove the dough for about 2 hours.
4. After first proving, knead the dough lightly and divide the dough into small even sizes. Rest for 10 minutes. At this stage, you can add filling of your choice.
5. Place buns in a greased and floured square tin and prove until double in size.
6. Preheat oven at 200 degree Celcius.
7. Brush buns with egg wash and bake for about 15 minutes or until brown.
8. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.9. Cool buns in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
1. I used only cake flour
2. I don't like to egg wash the buns before baking because I don't like the dark brown color when baked.
3. I'll just sprinkle a bit of water on top of the buns before putting into the oven and once done and taken out of the oven, I'll just brush them with butter to make it shiny and soft as well.
4. You can even pipe some instant custard on top of the buns to make it like Hot Cross Buns.
5. This dough is suitable to make sausage rolls as well.
* Credit goes to Channel of Forum Cari for this lovely recipe. Thank you Channel!