Good day everyone! Yes, I slept late again. This time, I was aware of the time but I was so into 'digging' that I just let time pass by. I managed to retrieve another page of the the COOKIES THREAD. Alhamdulillah...
Well, to continue with yesterday's story, these are the other two things that I had made for my sister and her hubby. I used the recipe from the Roti Paun Lembut but added more sugar to it.
SOFT PLAIN BUNS
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : HERE
500g high protein flour
50g milk powder
250ml chilled water
11g instant dried yeast (I used Mauripan)
140g castor sugar
a few drops of yellow food coloring
100g margarine (I used Planta margarine)
1. Gease all the baking tins thoroughly. I used vegetable shortening. Keep aside.
2. Place all ingredients except margarine in a mixing bowl.
3. Fasten the dough hook onto the mixer and start kneading.
4. Once the ingrediets have just combined, add in the margarine. Knead till a soft, elastic and shiny dough is formed.
5. Remove from the bowl and rest the dough for about 10 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into a 27g balls. Shape it nicely and arrange in the prepared tins.
7. Cover the tins and leave the dough to rise till almost double the size.
8. Mix a bit of milk powder with a bit of water and brush lightly on top of the dough.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 15 to 20 minutes. Oven temperature and baking time may vary, depending on your oven.
10. Once baked, remove from the oven and onto a wire rack to cool.
Made these too for Mak Chu and Pak Chu. For the pastry, I bought the readymade Kawan Puff Pastry and used the fan setting in the oven when baking.
Have a nice day!