Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kuih Apam

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S


Hmm, to answer the question in my previous entry....
This was what I had for Iftaar....

Tuna Sandwich
Orange Juice


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E


Yesterday, I experimented a new recipe. All because I felt sorry for my neighbour who tried making this kuih but the kuih didn't turn out nice and she's in a sulk.. The husband likes this kuih and she had hoped she'd be able to serve him the homemade ones.

So in order to not let her spirit of experimenting goes down the drain, I had tried making the kuih for her, but using a different recipe. And Alhamdulillah, I don't really have to sulk with the outcome, though, a lot has yet to be improved.

I passed to her the 'just-out-of-the-steamer' kuih with a message... "I am going to write this in my blog when I post this recipe NEVER JUDGE THE FOOD BY THE LOOK!"

And that is exactly what I am going to write here....
NEVER JUDGE THE FOOD BY THE LOOK!
Though the look is not so inviting, but the taste is just yummylicious or if I were to write in Bahasa Malaysia... Walaupun rupamu herot berot, rasa mu tetap menjadi pojaan hatiku... hihihi...

Note to RinnChan : "Terima kasih na, sebab selalu dok guide achik bila achik nak buat kuih apam. Jangan serik na...."


KUIH APAM
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : RinnChan


Ingredients :

(A)
11g instant dried yeast (I used Mauripan)
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 teaspoon sugar

(B)
500 g flour - sifted
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups water
a few drops of food coloring of your choice

(C)
Freshly grated coconut (just the white part)
a bit of salt

Method :

1. Mix (A) and keep aside till the mixture bubbles.
2. Place ingredients (B) in a blender. Add (A).
3. Blend till mixture are smooth.
4. Grease the tray with a bit of oil. Pour the prepared mixture into the tray. Cover and let it rise for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the steamer. Steam the apam mixture for 40 to 50 minutes.
6. Serve the kuih apam with freshly grated coconut mixed with a bit of salt.

Note :

I think I let my kuih apam mixture rise a bit too long. It dropped in the middle when done steaming. The original recipe said to let it rest for 45 minutes. I think 30 minutes should be okay. Good luck!

Have a nice day!



7 comments:

  1. Assalamualikum mama..sedap nmpk kuih apam tu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Umie Jazz. Kuih ni sedaplah pada tekak mama, walaupun kejadiannya herot sana herot sini... hihihi...

      Delete
  2. Salam mama,

    memang kuih yang tak menjemukan. Kadang kala saya failed juga buat apam ni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Hazila...

      Hazila KADANG KALA fail buat apam... mama pulak SEMEDANGnya fail... hahaha.. tu yang bila jadi atau seakan-akan jadi... tak kira apa rupa pun, mesti nak post kat blog gak... konfiden kena hader! Hahahaha

      Delete
  3. kuenya kelihatan sangat enak , terimakasih telah memberi tahu resepnya !!

    Obat Tradisional Batuk Berdarah

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!