Hello everyone. I am back... hopefully to stay. This blog had been hibernating for more than 2 years! Gosh! How time flies. I didn't realise that I had been abandoning my own blog for so long. Naughty naughty me!
Anyway, let's have a fresh start now and for this posting, I will share with you what I had cooked just now. I cooked Chicken Rendang, a recipe I learnt from my ex next door neighbour. She's like a sister to me and the day they moved out of here, I just can't hold back my tears. For the past 14 years, she is a sister, a friend and a good neighbour to me. We go out together or we'll just hang out by the gate to chat while hanging our clothes to dry or do the gardening. Now it is all memories that I will always treasure, Miss you Kak Ana........
garlic - sliced
ginger - sliced
corriander seeds - fry in the pan without oil. Let it cool and blend till fine
lemon grass, fresh tumeric and bird eye chillie - blend with a bit of water
Chicken - cut small
Thick coconut milk
palm sugar (gula melaka)
salt to taste
dried tamarind skin
a bit of sweet soy sauce (for the color)
Kerisik / Coconut butter
Turmeric leaves - sliced thinly for garnishing
2. Add in the chillie paste and the corriander powder. Stir.
3. Add in the blended ingredients and stir to mix.
4. Add in coconut milk, palm sugar, salt, soy sauce and chicken. simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently until the chicken is almost cooked.
5. Add in tamarind skin, kerisik and kaffir leaves. Lower the heat to low, cover the lid, and slowly simmer until the chicken is tender and the liquid has dried up.
6. Garnish with sliced turmeric leaves. Serve with rice, Nasi Impit , Lemang or Pulut Kuning.
Waahhh selamat kembali berblog mamaa..miss u ❤️❤️ReplyDelete