This had been the most famous chiffon in the house so far! I haven't posted the recipe in my blog and yet, to date, I've baked 8 cakes all together! My kids really love this one. Fatin came back for her semester break last week and when she tasted this chiffon, she had requested to bring a whole cake back to her Uni. If only Maz Bahrain is around, she would also love this cake as she is known as 'Aunty Chiffon Cake' by my son. Hahaha.. that all happened when my son saw how she ate the cake straight away, once the container changed hands! Hahahaha.... Maz, hope you're happy dating with Mr Hubby.. ahaks... *wink*
Thank you to Rima and Dapur Aliza for sharing this lovely recipe with us.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Chiffon Cake Mini by Dapur Aliza
Source : Rima
6 egg yolks
100g blueberry yogurt (I used Nestle brand)
4g baking powder (1 teaspoon)
100g caster sugar
100g vegetable oil - I used corn oil
6 egg whites
1g cream of tar tar (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
50g of blueberry oreo - cut into tiny bits
enough blueberry paste or purple colour (I used food coloring)
1. Preheat oven 150C
2. Whisk egg yolks with sugar till pale in colour. Add in yogurt and also oil. Add in your sifted flour, baking powder and also salt. Lastly add in purple colour. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg white with cream of tar tar till foamy. Slowly add in sugar a little at a time and whisk till soft peak.
4. Scoop 1/3 egg white meringue and add to egg yolk mixture. Fold in gently. Once combined, pour your egg yolk mixture into meringue and continue to fold in gently and lightly. Once mixed, pour half of your mixture into a 22cm tube pan.. sprinkle half of your oreo blueberry. Pour the rest of your mixture and lastly throw in the rest of your oreo bluberry.
5. Bake it for 50mins. Once baked, turn your chiffon pan upside down and leave to cool. Remove from pan, slice and serve.
For the OREO MIXED BERRIES CHIFFON CAKE version :
1. Substitute Blueberry Yogurt with Mixed Berries Yogurt. This time, I used Marigold brand and I think this one tasted nicer.
2. I used plain oreos instead of Blueberry Oreos.3. I added another 10g of oreos because I made into three layers. Before pouring the mixture, I sprinkle some oreo bits at the base of the tin. Then I poured the the mixture and repeated the same procedure twice.
4. I used 2 tins for this recipe, sized 18cm and 20cm.
Have a nice day!